Congrats on moving forward in your career path and thank you for considering Iowa!
While you need to decide what is best for you, we hope you will recognize some of the benefits that might be the right fit for you in rural Iowa.
A Pew Foundation study found that 30 percent of the American public would prefer to live in a small town. Rural areas and small towns in Iowa account for almost half the jobs in the state.
Here is a short list of advantages of living in greater Iowa:
- Involvement with committees and initiatives that drive community vitality. Leadership opportunities are typically available to those who are interested in contributing
- Access to nature and outdoor recreational activities, including more than 1,000 miles of interconnected bike trails, hiking backpacking, native prairies, forests caves, tons of rivers and lakes
- Access to potential loan repayment programs.
- Less crime than urban counterparts
- Shorter and easier commutes
- Young Professionals of Iowa are active across the state and focus on cultivating leadership, engagement, and social service opportunities. With over 50 YP groups statewide, you are sure to make meaningful connections. www.ypiowa.com
Check out available jobs and leading industries in Iowa.