THURSDAY, AUGUST 2, PRE FORUM - 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. (Optional)
“People and Programs You Should Know”
- Iowa Downtown Resource Center – Jim Thompson, Director of Business Development, Iowa Economic Development Authority
- Coalition to Support Iowa’s Farmers (CSIF) – Brian Waddingham, Executive Director, CSIF PRESENTATION
- Iowa Community Foundations – Joe Sorenson, VP of Affiliate Relations, Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines PRESENTATION
- Creative Placemaking – Bethany Wilcoxon, Vice Principal of Community Planning, McClure Engineering Co. PRESENTATION
- REDL&G, IADG Energy Bank and Assistance Program Update – Bruce Nuzum, Senior VP, Finance & Operations, IADG PRESENTATION
- Ripple Effect, FIND, iJAG, Housing 360 – Sue Cosner – VP, Community Initiatives, IADG PRESENTATION
11:30 – 12:30 - Pre Forum Attendee Luncheon
THURSDAY, AUGUST 2ND PARTNERS FORUM
1:00 Welcome – Rand Fisher
1:10 Energizing and Connecting Communities
Lt. Governor Adam Gregg
1:30 Leading Communities Forward
Dr. Bill Withers, Professor of Organization & Public Relations; Institute for Leadership Education PRESENTATION
2:15 Tech Trends and Emerging Technologies to Keep an Eye On
Justyn Miller – President, Aureon Technology PRESENTATION
3:30 Best Practices – “Twenty-Five Ideas and Initiatives You Should Consider
Experienced economic development professionals will reach into their community success stories to share their top five ideas or initiatives attendees can put to work.
- Dan Culhane, President & CEO, Ames Chamber of Commerce PRESENTATION HANDOUT
- Jennifer Daly, President & CEO, ICR Iowa PRESENTATION HANDOUT
- David Heiar, Director, Jackson County Economic Alliance PRESENTATION HANDOUT
- Deb Lucht, General Manager/CEO, Minburn Communications
- Kiley Miller, President & CEO, Iowa Lakes Development Corporation PRESENTATION
4:30 Building Community Vitality
See how economic development successes translate into more appealing and inviting communities. This session will explore community investments that are changing lives and attracting individuals, families, and visitors. You will learn how three small towns made big projects happen.
- Bricker Price Block in Earlham – Sharon Krause, Dalla Terra Ranch PRESENTATION
- Green County Vision 20/20 Plan – Ken Paxton, Green County Chamber & Development PRESENTATION VIDEO
- Manning's Multifaceted Growth - Mayor Harvey Dales, City of Manning PRESENTATION
5:30 – 7:00 Trifecta Reception (Prairie Rose Room)Take time to share Ideas, Information and Inspiration during this after hours gathering, all while watching Thoroughbred horse racing from the viewing deck at Prairie Meadows.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 3RD PARTNERS FORUM
8:00 Agricultural Challenges, Trends and Opportunities
Facilitator: Julie Kenney, Iowa Deputy Secretary of Agriculture & Land Stewardship
Speaker: David Miller, Director of Research, Iowa Farm Bureau PRESENTATION
8:45 “The Inside Story” on Three Transformational Business Development Projects How did it happen and what can we learn to help us support business growth?
- Jere Null, CEO - Prestage Foods of Iowa
- Linc Kroeger, Vanguard of Future Ready Iowa - Pillar Technology PRESENTATION
- Hank Norem, President - Ramco Innovations, Inc. PRESENTATION
10:00 Housing Projects Fostering Growth
The need for housing can leave developers and communities wondering what can be done. This panel will explore specific initiatives and projects underway that can be replicated.
- Beth Bilyeu, Forest City Economic Development (Westown Place Apartments – Forest City) PRESENTATION
- Kelley Deutmeyer, East Central Development Corporation (Pocket Neighborhood Housing Project, Maquoketa) PRESENTATION
- Cindy Litwiller, Iowa Falls Area Development Corporation (Ellsworth Estates – Iowa Falls) PRESENTATION
- Steve Gilbert, Midwest Sustainable Homes (Rural Housing Projects - Various Locations) HANDOUT
11:00 Capstone Speaker: Chuck Long, CEO & Executive Director, Iowa Sports Foundation
Follow Chuck on Facebook and Twitter @ChuckLongIowa
12:00 Wrap-up and Adjourn
THANK YOU FOR ATTENDING THE 2018 IADG PARTNERS FORUM!