News

Iowa C.A.N. Members Receive $3.87 Million

posted on Monday, October 19, 2009 in News

The 30 county affiliates in the Iowa C.A.N. network have received confirmation from the Governor that each will receive $129,090 from the 2009 County Endowment Fund distributions.  As provided by the Iowa General Assembly, each county will grant 75% of these dollars to charitable organizations and projects within their county.  The remaining 25% of the distribution will be placed in the county’s permanent endowment to help attract other donations and provide a source of permanent funding for future charitable projects.

The Iowa C.A.N. Network was established through was established through a collaboration of Iowa Area Development Group Community Foundation and The Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines.  Since its inception, Iowa C.A.N. affiliates network granted over $7.5 million to charitable organizations and projects enhancing the quality of life for rural counties and communities.