Date: August 2-3, 2018
Location: Prairie Meadows, 1 Prairie Meadows Drive, Altoona, IA
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
THURSDAY, AUGUST 2, PRE FORUM - 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. (Optional)
“People and Programs You Should Know”
- Iowa Downtown Resource Center – Jim Thompson, Director of Business Development, Iowa Economic Development Authority
- Coalition to Support Iowa’s Farmers (CSIF) – Brian Waddingham, Executive Director, CSIF
- Iowa Community Foundations – Joe Sorenson, VP of Affiliate Relations, Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines
- Creative Placemaking – Bethany Wilcoxon, Vice Principal of Community Planning, McClure Engineering Co.
- REDL&G, IADG Energy Bank and Assistance Program Update – Bruce Nuzum, Senior VP, Finance & Operations, IADG
- Ripple Effect, FIND, Telepharm, Housing 360 – Sue Cosner – VP, Community Initiatives, IADG
11:30 – 12:30 - Pre Forum Attendee Luncheon
THURSDAY, AUGUST 2ND PARTNERS FORUM
1:00 Welcome – Rand Fisher
1:10 Kick-Off Speaker - Governor Kim Reynolds and Lt. Governor Adam Gregg – INVITED
1:30 Keynote Speaker - Dr. Bill Withers, Professor of Organization & Public Relations; Institute for Leadership Education
2:15 Tech Trends and Emerging Technologies to Keep an Eye On
Justyn Miller – President, Aureon Technology
3:30 Best Practices – “Twenty-Five Ideas and Initiatives You Should Consider
Experienced economic development professionals will reach into their community success stories to share their top five ideas or initiatives attendees can put to work.
- Dan Culhane, President & CEO, Ames Chamber of Commerce
- Jennifer Daly, President & CEO, ICR Iowa
- David Heiar, Director, Jackson County Economic Alliance
- Deb Lucht, General Manager/CEO, Minburn Communications
- Kiley Miller, President & CEO, Iowa Lakes Development Corporation
4:30 Building Community Vitality
See how economic development successes translate into more appealing and inviting communities. This session will explore community investments that are changing lives and attracting individuals, families, and visitors. You will learn how three small towns made big projects happen.
- Bricker Price Block in Earlham – Sharon Krause, Businesswoman and Philanthropist
- Green County Vision 20/20 Plan – Ken Paxton, Green County Chamber & Development
- Manning's Multifaceted Growth - Mayor Harvey Dales, City of Manning
5:30 – 7:00 Trifecta Reception (Prairie Rose Room)Take time to share Ideas, Information and Inspiration during this after hours gathering, all while watching Thoroughbred horse racing from the viewing deck at Prairie Meadows.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 3RD PARTNERS FORUM
8:00 Agricultural Challenges, Trends and Opportunities
Facilitator: Mike Naig, Iowa Secretary of Agriculture & Land Stewardship
Speaker: David Miller, Director of Research, Iowa Farm Bureau
8:45 “The Inside Story” on Three Transformational Business Development Projects How did it happen and what can we learn to help us support business growth?
- Jere Null, COO - Prestage Farms
- Linc Kroeger, Vanguard of Future Ready Iowa - Pillar Technology
- Hank Norem, President - Ramco Innovations, Inc.
10:00 Housing Projects Fostering Growth
The need for housing can leave developers and communities wondering what can be done. This panel will explore specific initiatives and projects underway that can be replicated.
- Beth Bilyeu, Forest City Economic Development (Westown Place Apartments – Forest City)
- Kelley Deutmeyer, East Central Development Corporation (Pocket Neighborhood Housing Project, Maquoketa)
- Cindy Litwiller, Iowa Falls Area Development Corporation (Ellsworth Estates – Iowa Falls)
- Steve Gilbert, Midwest Sustainable Homes (Rural Housing Projects - Various Locations)
11:00 Capstone Speaker: Chuck Long, CEO/Executive Director, Iowa Sports Foundation and Former NFL Football Play and Coach
12:00 Wrap-up and Adjourn
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Economic development professionals
- Utility managers and staff
- Community leaders
- Iowa business representatives
- Local, state and federal partners
- Everyone interested in economic development in rural Iowa.
A block of rooms has been reserved at Prairie Meadows at the rate of $121 for a King or Double Queen room. Reservations can be made by:
- Calling 515-957-3000 or 800-325-9015 and referencing the IADG Partners Forum
- Online at www.prairiemeadows.com using group code 08012018IAA
- The reservation cutoff is Wednesday, July 11, 2018. After July 11, the rate will increase.
Questions and for more information contact Kay Snyder at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-888-4743.
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THE 2018 IADG PARTNERS FORUM!